Saturday, January 20, 2007

6 Days to go!

Just finished setting up my mother-in-laws wireless connection, so she can now track me down wherever I am (just joking Marilyn!). Today we exchanged our travel money, and I bought some 100% cotton pants from M&S. Only the best!

I am just waiting to go to one of the anonomolies of the modern world - a gentlmans club. My Father-in-law is taking me out for the 2nd time this week to get some snooker practice in and have a few pints at a ridiculously cheap rate. I sometimes wonder if I stayed in the country, whether I could pursue my snooker career (maybe throwing darts in at the same time), and cultivating my belly.

I have been passing my days reading Bill Bryson's 'Down Under' (highly reccommended), whilst doing more preperations for the trip, and seeing people before we leave (still!). This has all been interspersed by taking 'Little Dude' (family pet springer spaniel) on regular 4 mile walks.

Although I am now chomping at the bit to get out of blighty (especially as Jade Goody does her best to wreck all public relations with the first country we stop off at), having some time away from London enables one to reflect on the pros & cons, and the different qualities of contrasting lifestyles.

I wonder how I ever had time to work!

No comments: