Sunday, November 14, 2010

New Work

At the moment, if you look at the twitter feed on this page, you can see all the small snippets of news and stuff that is happening. This seems to be the place where I am posting the most stuff, as it's much quicker to get stuff out than a typical blog post.

I seem to be throwing all sorts of things onto the blog, which I'm not sure is a good thing as I've been reading that the most successful blogs focus on a particular area and don't really stray out of it.

I don't think this will ever be an amazingly popular blog, so I'll just carry on posting things that I am interested in, are creative or design related.

So that covers just about everything.

Anyway, on Friday the Surplus & Creativity exhibition opened - now in its second year. It's a fun little show where designers, architects, artists etc are invited to submit work using readymades / reuse / recycling as a theme. This is then selected by a panel and displayed in the Department for Conservation in Wellington.

I produced two new objects this year. Saw Horse Horse was made by recycling my Bean Bag Bench from last year's show and Ventilite, which uses pre-fabricated aluminium louvered vents, used to ventilate houses in NZ, to produce a lamp.

Ventilite was awarded an Honourable Mention at the show, which as a nice surprise.

No comments: